Wednesday 1 February 2012

Feedback After Final Crit: 01.02.2012

 QUESTIONS PREPARED FOR THE CRIT:
  1. Do the illustrations work? If not, how could I improve them?
  2. Is the music relevant?
  3. The idents will all follow the same style.  Does it communicate the BBC?




---

One of the biggest strength of my work so far was its appearance and how it linked to the channel that I chose to broadcast on: the BBC.

Something that was brought up was the blue that I used, it was said that it looked too 'cool' and linked more to the winter games.  The image I used of Mark Spitz was a little hard for people to make out, a few  thought the illustration was a country, for example.  Although I knew what it was from seeing the original, I understand why this isn't clear.

Looking back at my research, I have noticed the BBC logo isn't in the right place: it is always centred to the circle, with the program information above.  The logo needs tweaking slightly, the 'HD' mark isn't in the right place.


UPDATE

Lorraine's Opinion: The appearance, composition, channel identity: all of that looked appropriate to my topic and had an visually effective style.  The only flaw, as mentioned before, was my illustration of Mark Spitz.  She had a hard time making it out, but appreciated the adjustments to the water effect I had made.

I will choose a different angle, side on preferably, to communicate swimming.  It will be a lot clearer and communicate the moment more effectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment